Third party car insurance is known as the most basic car insurance policy which has a minimum level of coverage. This makes this insurance policy the most cheapest car insurance in Malaysia.
Purchasing a third party car insurance policy is sufficient to give you the financial protection against liabilities to the third party. This policy makes sure that the third party is able to claim for the damages, losses or injuries due to the accident which was caused by you.
- What is third party car insurance?
- What are the losses third party car insurance covers and what is not covered?
- Who needs third party car insurance?
- How can I save money on third party car insurance?
- How third party car insurance can be purchased through PolicyStreet which gives you the best deal!
- How do I renew my third party car insurance?
Take a look on the outlines below to know what is covered under third party car insurance:
Check them out!
What is Third Party Car Insurance?
Have you heard of third party car insurance before? If no, then after perusing through this article, you would have a clearer idea on how third party car insurance works.
Third party car insurance coverage insures the third party who is involved in any car accident. The policyholder would not need to bear the damage or the medical expenses of the third party when the policyholder is at fault. For instance, when a driver hits the third party, the policy would bear the costs of the third party and hence the driver would not need to fork out a huge sum of money to pay for the third party’s damage and medical expenses.
You should bear in mind that this policy does not cover the damages or injuries that occur to the driver itself. This policy would come in handy for those who are prone to cause accidents to the other party also known as the third party.
Here is a list of what is covered by third party car insurance that you would need to take note if you are purchasing this coverage.
- Third-party bodily injury to a passenger or a person in another car
- Damage to another person’s car
- Damage to another person’s property
The duration of the cover is for one year and the policy should be renewed annually.
To clarify, if you have accidentally hit someone’s car and injured the third party, your third party car insurance would cover the other person’s car repair costs and medical expenses incurred.
Here is a list of what third party car insurance does not cover.
- When your windscreen is damaged
- When your personal belongings are damaged
- When your car is stolen, damaged or destroyed by fire
- Medical expenses for your own injures
- Legal fees for your own injuries
- When your car is damaged in an accident that was caused by you
If you want to have coverage for your own car or injuries, you might want to opt for comprehensive car insurance as it provides the widest coverage.
Who needs third party car insurance?
If you are planning to consider this coverage then make sure you have met the following indicators:
- When your car is not brand new
- When your car is an older model where the repair costs are inexpensive
- When you are no longer under a financing agreement such as hire purchase or a car loan
Since third party car insurance is the cheapest among the other coverages, you have to bear in mind that you will be footing the bill for the damages that you have incurred for your car. Therefore, make sure that your car is not a new and expensive model and you have sufficient money to pay for the losses that have occurred to your car.
How can I save money on third party car insurance?
As you are all aware that the policies are priced based on risks of a person, it is significant that you have disclosed all material facts such as previous accidents, no claims history to get a better idea of how a third party car insurance is priced. This is because driving history and other personal information will directly affect pricing of the policy.
How do I apply for third party car insurance coverage?
Since you have considered purchasing third party car insurance, you can purchase this coverage though PolicyStreet. As you know, PolicyStreet offers a car insurance platform where you can compare and buy directly from there!
As Policystreet is a financial advisor approved by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), you will be able to find a variety of car insurance with unbiased choices and the pricing that suits your needs!
Here are the steps on how you can purchase car insurance via PolicyStreet:
- Visit policystreet.com/motor
- Key in the relevant details and generate instant quotes
- Choose the type of insurance that you are purchasing
- Add on extra coverages that you prefer
- Give us your details and Check out!
Don’t miss out on these exclusive and guaranteed deals from PolicyStreet, visit our website now to get yourself covered under third party car insurance.
How do I renew my third party car insurance?
You can renew your third party car insurance along with your road tax via PolicyStreet through our online platform.
- You should make sure that following information is ready before renewing your policy along with your road tax:
- Vehicle registration number
- Type of vehicle
- Engine Capacity-CC
- Year of manufacture
- Sum insured
Other alternatives might be renewing at JPJ branch, MYEG or at a post office. Why consider these options where you just can sit back and relax at home by purchasing through us? We would get it delivered to your doorstep without you travelling to get your insurance purchased.
From here, it clearly shows that renewing policies through PolicyStreet is as simple as that, rather than spending your time queuing to wait for your turn to renew your policy.
Kudos, now you are getting closer to mastering all the three coverages under car insurance! Get yourself covered now from us under third party car insurance. No one can surely predict the future but we can protect it for you!