There are millions of car accidents that happen on the roads. People are dying because of the accidents almost every single day. Statistics recorded that over 20 individuals are suffering from fatal injuries every day in Malaysia. According to the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM), this makes Malaysia as one of the countries which holds the highest rate of fatal injuries in the world as of 2019.
One of the most fearsome occurrences during a car accident is when your car rolls over. Rollover of a vehicle is the worst nightmare for all drivers, and you might ask yourselves: How can I prevent the incident from occurring?
First and foremost, rollover car accidents happen when a car flips over. Although rollover crashes are very rare, they are extremely dangerous. Three-fourths of rollover car accidents involve a single-vehicle crash which is often the result of driver’s fault— irresponsibility, carelessness, or somnolence.
Thus, the best way to survive a rollover car accident is by preventing one from happening at all by driving safely. However, if it still happens unexpectedly, there are several split-second decisions you can make to help yourselves walk away from the crash. Not that we wish this will happen to you but “prevention is better than cure”.
Before you get into the vehicle, these effective preventions must be taken seriously:
If, despite all these precautions, your car starts to roll, these are some ways that you should know just as a preparation for the worst that will ever happen.
- Release the wheel and do not force the car to stop, it will only worsen the rollover
- You and your passenger should put both of your arms across your chest and grab the opposite shoulders. Stay in that position until the car stops rolling.
- Never brace against the floor or steering wheel; the combination of airbags and breaking metal/glass makes it nearly impossible to keep that position and potentially exposes you to more danger.
- Once the car has stopped rolling, turn the engine off immediately.
- If the car is in an upside-down position, plant your hands and/or feet on the ceiling and unlock your seatbelt carefully.
- Exit through the window or through the door.
- Prioritize the elderly and children to be out of the car.
- After everyone is safe, call the police right away.
- If your cell phone is destroyed during the rollover, try to flag down someone else to call for you.
- Stay out of any vehicle and traffic lane to avoid any other accident from taking place.
You should drill the rollover brace until it becomes natural for you and your family. Enhance your knowledge on these tips to prepare for any rollover car accidents. This will help you and your loved ones to prepare mentally and physically if it ever happens to you in the future.
Accidents can be terrifying even just by thinking about it. But worry not, with Policy Street, you can protect yourself and your loved ones with the best coverage in town.
Policy Street offers a car insurance platform where you can compare and buy directly from renowned insurersPolicy Street!
Policy Street aims to democratize insurance by making insurance simple, easy and affordable. We break down complex insurance policies and provide consumers with their rights to be adequately insured with deserving financial wellness at all stages of life.
As Policy Street is a financial advisor approved by the Central Bank of Malaysia, you will be able to find a wide array of car insurance with unbiased choices and pricing that suits your needs!
Here are the steps on how you can purchase car insurance via Policy Street:
- Visit www.policystreet.com/motor/
- Key in the relevant details and generate instant quotes
- Choose the type of insurance that you are purchasing
- Add on extra coverages that you prefer
- Give us your details and Check out!